The Story: “Hiking”
“When creating the design I was thinking how navigation is straightforward for some and how hectic it could be for others. Lines represent the idea of a route, a scheme of a journey. Simple black line design is a new fashion now, so I wanted to use this technique to express my idea. This design makes me think of hiking in mountains while appreciating the views and the moment. It is making nature the fashion.”
– Anna Tuzyuk
The Artist: Anna Tuzyuk | Kiev, Ukraine
I grew up in Ukraine and moved to Poland at the age of 16 in 2008. Since then I lived in a bunch of places such as China, Finland or Austria and travelled to around 30 countries. This experience changed the way I see things and revealed to me the beauty and vulnerability of our planet. I genuinely care about ethical use of natural resources we have and not exploiting them for the sake of fast-fashion and high-margin profits for businesses. On the other hand, as an artist, I am into subcultures and looks as means to make your personal statement or claim anything you would like to about yourself, your inner world or your interests. Thus, I am more then happy to design for sustainable fashion brand Connect One which respects planet and preserves nature :).
Catch her on Instagram: @anya_parsley
Check out her Behance portfolio.
The Apparel: Ethical & Sustainable
– Certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
– Made in a Fair Trade Certified facility, no slave or child labor
– Made with 100% organic cotton, no GMO
– High quality fabric using ring-spun combed cotton for a smooth, soft, yet durable feel
– Cotton sourced from Chetna Organic, a farmer cooperative in India
– Printed with non-toxic and water-based inks
– Dyed with low-impact, colorfast non-animal dyes
– Part of COT’s collective impact